Author Topic: Download Window 7 IE11 for Linux VirtualBox  (Read 5096 times)

golfreeze

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • นั่งสมาธิ สติปัฏฐานสี่ พาเที่ยววัด แนะนำวัด แจกcd ธรรมะฟรี
    • Email
Re: Download Window 7 IE11 for Linux VirtualBox
« Reply #1 on: มกราคม 19, 2016, 01:22:17 PM »
http://pclosmag.com/html/issues/201309/page15.html

Once all of your files have downloaded, open a terminal (if you don't have it open already), change to the directory where you saved the files, and make the *.sfx file executable, by entering chmod +x IE11.Win7.For.LinuxVirtualBox.part1.sfx. Next, enter ./IE11.Win7.For.LinuxVirtualBox.part1.sfx on the command line, and let the command run until finished. The multipart RAR file will be "assembled" into a *.ova file. In the example above, the IE11 - Win7.ova file is 4.3 GB when reassembled.

At this point, if you haven't already installed VirtualBox (via the Get Oracle VM VirtualBox installer in PCLinuxOS), now would be a good time to do so. Once installed, launch VirtualBox. From the VirtualBox "File" menu, select "Import Appliance..."

Select the "Open Appliance" button in the upper half of the dialog box. Select the Windows *.ova file that you downloaded and extracted, followed by the "Next" button.

Under the "Appliance Settings" dialog box, you can view all of the settings for the virtual machine. You can change any of the settings by double-clicking your mouse on the setting, and making your changes. Once you're satisfied with your settings, select the "Import" button.

While your new virtual machine file is being imported, you will be shown a dialog box similar to the one above. Because I'm installing this on one of my slower computers with a single core processor, it's reporting quite a long time to finish. Don't worry. The actual time until completion isn't as long as is reported. On my single processor IBM Thinkpad T42, it took about 10 minutes or so to load up the virtual machine file.

As you can see from the images, the copy of Windows 7 that I downloaded is the Enterprise edition, complete with Service Pack 1. The copies of Windows XP that are available are all reported to be complete with Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Here are the recommended memory requirements for the Windows virtual machines:

Windows XP images:
Windows Vista images:
Windows 7 images:
Windows 8 images:   256 - 512MB
512 - 1024MB
1024 - 2048MB
1024 - 2048MB
You may be able to get away with less memory. I did, when I installed my copy of Windows 7 on my IBM Thinkpad T42, which is maxed out at 2 GB of RAM. I have it installed and set to use only 512 MB of RAM. It runs just as well with that limited amount of RAM in my VirtualBox installation as the much newer computers at the hospital where I work that run Windows 7, installed on bare metal.